Monday 7 January 2013

windows system information

                  There are different ways through which we can see the details of windows operating system.

Right click on my computer icon ,then click on the properties option.
here you can see the servicepack,RAM size,processor name,computer name etc..

How can I see my system information through the cmd?

           "systeminfo"  or

on run command 
           "msinfo32"

This gives you detail information of the system and DirectX info i.e multimedia graphics information

Open the run command and type

            "dxdiag" (DirectXDiagnosticTool)





windows management (interface) instrumentation command
                        This is a command-line and scripting interface that simplifies the use of Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and systems managed through WMI

(note: Type following command on the command prompt)

1]How can I see my hard Disk type size in windows

           wmic diskdrive get name,size,model

2]How can I see the process that are running on the task manager

           wmic process or wmic process list brief


3]How can I change the priority of the process in the windows

           wmic process where name="notepad.exe" call setpriority 64

4] How can I see bootable size name

           wmic partition get name,bootable,size,type


5]How can I see the bios name  and version of my system

          wmic bios get name,serialnumber,version




Referred website:-
http://www.robvanderwoude.com/wmic.php 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Blue Outer Glow Pointer